Step-by-Step Installing/Configuring TVHeadend on Raspbian

Well, some of the other posts on this blog have looked at configuring Raspbmc to work with my media setup. I’d been using the TVCatchup add-on for XBMC to great effect for a while in order to get TV in the various rooms around the house. However, I was experiencing some audio-sync problems occasionally, plus the add-on seemed a little slow to start.

So, I decided to look into getting Freeview around the house. Not having aerial points in all the necessary rooms I decided to look into using TVHeadend on my Raspberry Pi devices. I have a number of these devices so using them for this seemed a perfect little project for me.